Monday, February 9, 2009

Attention Deficit Disorder & Gettin' Fidgity

Those of you with ADD, do you ever pay attention to those sitting around you? I have and I wonder how they do it! How do they sit still? Here's me:
  • fold leg under me
  • unfold leg
  • fold other leg under me
  • scratch face
  • tuck hair behind ear
  • unfold leg
  • tap my foot
  • look around
  • notice others not moving
  • straighten pants
  • scratch head
  • sit sideways
  • scooch a bit
  • pull both legs under me

I would say that all could happen in a 3 minute period!

I am flabbergasted at those people around me just sitting! Doing nothing. Not a single movement...in 3 minutes! How is that possible? Doesn't something itch, feel out of place, get uncomfortable?

Today at our Mom's In Touch meeting I kept glancing up while we were praying (no meds today). I wasn't too distracted, just enough to realize no one else was moving, but me. The ladies sat there for like 10 min, heads bowed, just being!!

Not me! I was fidgeting the entire time! I was driving myself crazy. I wonder if any of them notices how I can't just sit still. Of course, I'm not going to mention it to them because then they'll start paying attention. That I don't need.

My challenge to you is, pay attention to those around you. Are you the fidgety one? Do you think those around you notice? What kind of fidgeting do you do? Is it always the same? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment