Sunday, February 1, 2009

ADD-Inattentive & My Forgetfulness

Last night/this morning as I was trying to go to sleep I started making a list in my head of all the things that don't get done in my daily life or I forget to do. I don't know if I'll remember even 1/2 of them as the list seemed pretty endless. Here we go with my bulleted list of things I don't do:
  • give messages to people

  • dishes

  • cat litter

  • piles of laundry

  • make important phone calls

  • pay bills

  • make bed

  • vacuum

  • dust

  • play with kids

  • play with the dog

  • clean desk





  • turn in school permission forms/payments: yr books, lunch $, fees





  • trash

  • recycling

  • straighten son's bookshelf

  • give things back to people that they've lent me even tho I'm done with it

  • cash checks

  • make dr/dentist appts
  • remember son has bball on Wed after school

  • return library books to avoid fines

  • clean up after puppies were born IN AUGUST & left in OCTOBER!

  • straighten up garage

  • clean bathroom

  • paint walls that have been fixed

  • send "thank you notes" to people who've been kind or helped me in some way

  • get in touch w/ grandma




  • read my bible daily


      • scrap booking

      • go thru my piles & piles of papers

      • having boys take showers/brush teeth

      • making sure homework/reading gets done

      • going thru boys backpacks

      So, this is barely skimming the list of the things I forget on a daily basis. Every day of my life, many of those bullets above are being neglected! How God allowed me to be a parent is beyond me when I can barely take care of myself. I know, he knows what he's doing, but it still boggles my mind.

      What things are on your list that you neglect on a daily basis? I'm not saying these are "bad" things, just part of our lives and living with this disorder. We're not alone in our day to day struggles.

      ~Mimi

      No comments:

      Post a Comment