Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Took the plunge to Adderall XR

I took the plunge yesterday, Tuesday. I know, I said I was going to take it Monday because it seemed the best choice; no one around to watch me go nutty on new meds, at home where I felt "safe", etc. Yah, it didn't quite work out that way.

So, Tues I remember to grab the new meds and headed out the door to work. I figured if anything, I'd have a great rush at work and be happy all day long. I counted out 9 hours and decided to take my meds at 10am. I figured I wanted to get through my day and just into the evening hours before it started wearing off.

I took it a bit after 10. I know, how could I forget? Hello ADD! I waited for "it" to hit. The big, "here I am" feeling of taking Adderall. It didn't quite happen that way. I generally feel the meds kick in about 1/2 an hour after I take them. Not this time. I was watching the clock and around 1/2 an hour later I started paying attention to myself and how I was feeling.

I could tell I felt lighter in my brain; the fog had lifted. It wasn't an overwhelming sensation though. How exciting for me, and I do mean that! I wasn't losing it at work and that's always a good thing. People think I'm goofy anyhow, no need to add to what they already think. :)

I kind of checked on myself throughout the rest of the day and didn't ever really feel tired or like it was wearing off. I felt very even keeled through the day. Very interesting. Believe it or not, I didn't realize I didn't "come down" at all. On my regular meds, I knew that by 4:30 I'd be ready for the day to be OVER! I was exhausted, crabby, and on stimulus overload. It took me about an hour to come out of that funk when I took my meds. Yesterday, nothing!

It was such a thrill to realize when I was going to bed around 11:30pm that I hadn't had a "low" for the day. Totally worth taking this medication! If I can take Adderall XR and don't have a "high" or a "low", I've found my new medication! We'll see how it all progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment